The title to this blog post does not hold water. Nevertheless (I say that word often, and I employ use of parenthetical clauses such as this.), it does have some reasoning (sorta). They're the opening lyrics to a song by a French singer. I know music can be an effective way to learn and absorb vocabulary, so I've taken the liberty to peruse the French charts. They're run by the SNEP, or Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Although, I also follow the French iTunes music chart. Going back to the point, I've noticed there aren't really that many French singers. At least, if there are, then they're not that prominent? I see mostly American music on any chart worldwide. Yet, I did discover one artist. (I'll listen to about any kind of music/artist so it didn't really matter, so long that it was in French.) Her name is Shy'm and the lyrics come from her single "Femme de Couleur" in which she sings about her family traces to Martinique. It's ironic how I come from a completely opposite place, New York City.
Segueing now to AFS business, it's time for an update. Woo! The last time I updating (excluding the appeal) I left off where I handed in my full application. Fast forward a few weeks to the present. I have splendid news. AFS-USA has accepted yours truly into their program! :D Currently, my application is in France awaiting final say into whether or not I will be accepted into a host family there. The email I received stated a 4-6 week wait. I received that email on March 18th, so only 3 weeks have since passed. This waiting game is, as always, killing me as I anticipate information. Furthermore, I also was told through email about a local AFS meeting on Sunday, the 22nd of May, as a pre-departure orientation. It shall be the first time I get to meet in-person other prospective AFSers (besides Florence, search the tag "Florence" for more information about her). I'm quite excited.
Speaking of Florence, she told me of the unfortunate news of not receiving the full CBYX scholarship that would cover her tuition to study abroad in Germany. While, deeply saddened and shocked upon hearing the news, I wish her the best of luck on continuing with her endeavor as I'm glad to say that she will not give up. =D I fully support her and am aiding her with all that I can. If you would like to read news about Florence directly from her, I'll include the link at the end of this post. If you would also like to help contribute to either of us with our goals, you can donate securely and directly through our paypal widgets (no account required) to our separate tuitions. Rest assured it goes directly to our separate tuitions and touches neither of our hands. As of now, Florence does not have the widget on her blog. However, I have given her instructions on how to obtain it,
On a lighter note, I noticed something when I checked Blogger today. I have two new followers! While I'm not sure if they have read, will read, or do read my blog, it did brighten up my day. Thanks, new followers, should you ever read this, haha.
My family just came home right now, so I took a mini-break in writing. Let's see, I paid a $1,500 installment yesterday. I'm slowly, but steadily and surely getting there! Actually, I just got from my family at this very moment an invoice from AFS saying that Full Payment is due by May 2nd. What? ....I still have another $3,000 to raise. This isn't good news. This really would be a huge downer if it were true, but it exemplifies my great need for help. ._. (as much as I wish I didn't have to ask for it). I'm going to email the local AFS coordinator for some details or to see if I can work something out.
Unfortunately, the job hunt isn't going well. To read more, I refer you to Florence's blog as she mentions it too. However, I thought I had a prospective job as some kind of.....a person who works a kiosk at a mall. Yet, that didn't go quite well as the person whom I've been with contact with hasn't been responsive. =/ (He was at first, I'm not sure what happened.) Still gotta move forward and work at it!
Oh one last thing, I forgot to add this on my last appeal post it's related to the title. I restarted to use my Twitter because I remembered I had one. Click here to follow me on Twitter!
- Gello
P.S: Read Florence's Blog by clicking here!
No comments:
Post a Comment